Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why Run? - I have small feet.

I never thought myself a runner, but I saw people on the street running past my house, and the people in the magazines for running who finished incredible distances and I was jealous. When I was graduating I had to update my resume, and I thought to myself that it would be great to put 'marathon runner' under extra activities. The only problem was that I was not a marathoner. Yet.

I did the research and found my new obsession. After I registered for my very first half marathon in NYC I had no choice but start training. I had five weeks. From the moment I started the training to this day I continue to indulge in lessons God teaches me through running.

Lesson one, - you can't do something you always wanted to do unless you start. So I registered.

I am not the first one to work in order to live a life, so a full time job with 60 hour work weeks would never stand in the way of something I am passionate about. So to all of you who run, if you see me on the streets of Rochester make sure to give me a high five, and those who can't run, I'll think of you so cheer me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment